Store Managers fulfill an important role within our business by developing, supporting, and holding their store team accountable as they provide our customers with the shopping experience that Lidl is famed for in 30 countries. Our most successful Store Managers take ownership of their store’s performance as if it were their own business, willing to put in the physical work required to get the job done. They exhibit a proactive leadership style, meeting both operational and personnel-related challenges head-on. They can pivot smoothly between tasks and projects and multi-task efficiently. They have an eye for potential, evaluating training needs accurately and prioritizing employee development. Most of all, they are passionate about our core business – providing our customers with high-quality, low-price, and hassle-free shopping.
What You’ll Do
- Manage the performance and well-being of the store and all its team members, totaling between 15 and 60 employees, based on store volume
- Ensure and provide excellent customer service throughout the store and be the lead point of contact for all customer needs
- Monitor and drive continuous improvement of store Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Recruit, train, and develop your team
- Provide hands-on support for any and all operational tasks, including cash management, working stock, cleaning, and other essential store functions
- Ensure a safe, positive, and productive working environment for all store employees based on company and legal policies and procedures
What You’ll Need
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- 1-2 years of management experience and a bachelor’s degree OR 3-5 years of management experience
- Determination to complete every to-do list on time, hit your store targets, and maximize productivity
- Experience in leading and developing a team in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent customer service skills, including the patience and ability to de-escalate tense situations
- Willingness to participate in the physical operations of the store, including stocking, cleaning, and ringing, on a daily basis
- Ability to lift, move, carry, or slide product over 50 pounds
- Ability to reach above head to heights greater than 10 inches
- Ability to obtain and maintain ServSafe certification
- Ability to obtain and maintain state-specific store alcohol licensing as needed
What You’ll Receive
At Lidl, we know that in order for our people to do their best, they must be at their best. That’s why as a company, we offer one of the most generous benefits packages in the industry.
All our Lidl employees are eligible to receive the following benefits:
- Starting pay of $32.94 per hour
- Medical & Prescription | Dental | Vision coverage
- Paid Holiday & Paid Time Off (PTO) to use for sickness or vacation
- A dedicated training plan to ensure you are set up for success
- 401k Plan (+ 5% company match and no vesting schedule)
- Voluntary Term Life & AD&D Insurance
- Total Well-Being Program
- Incentive Programs like Employee Referral bonuses
- Performance-based pay incentives for hitting quarterly goals
In addition to the great benefits above, our Full-Time employees receive these additional benefits: Group Term Life & AD&D Insurance, Short & Long-Term Disability Insurance, Voluntary Critical Illness and/or Accident Insurance, Parental Leave – 100% pay for birth mothers and non-birth parents, Additional Paid Time-Off & Sick Time.
Industry Leading Benefits
In addition to the great benefits offered to ALL employees, our Full-Time employees receive additional benefits.
All our Lidl employees, regardless of full-time or part-time status, receive the following benefits
Available to all Lidl US employees
Get paid daily!