Our recruitment process is simple and straightforward. It’s also quite competitive. So we thought we’d provide some helpful advice on how to do your best – and really stand out.
On average, an employer takes approximately 30-45 seconds to look at a resume. So let’s make sure you make a good impression. Here are some Lidl US tips to help you get on board with us!
- Short and concise
- Identify accomplishments by using descriptive action words
- Quantify those accomplishments
- Typos and grammatical errors
- Provide incorrect/outdated contact information
- Use bullet points instead of paragraphs. Short, quick, and easy to read
- Use larger than .5” margins and 11 point font. This is easiest on the reader’s eyes
- Be consistent with your formatting. Make it look the same top to bottom
- Use reverse chronological order, meaning your most recent experiences are listed first
Preparing for an interview:
Before you can join the team, you will attend two interviews.
Plan to succeed! Preparation is very important for an interview and we want to make sure you are set up for success with us.
- Research the company and the industry
- Dress professionally - dress for the job you want, not the job you have
- Know your resume and be able to provide specific details of work you have done
- Practice interviewing
- Make eye contact
- Demonstrate a positive attitude
What to bring to an interview:
It's important to come to a job interview prepared with everything you need, organized and ready to go. So before you come to meet us, consider bringing the following:
- Copies of your resume
- List of references
- Questions to ask the interviewer
- And last but not least…lots of energy